Monday, October 19, 2009

West Virginia Trip

Over the Columbus Day weekend, my mom, my dad, AC and I took advantage of the holiday and took a quick trip to West Virginia to visit family. Now...the last time we drove to West Virginia, Aubrey Claire was right at 2 months old. The 8 hour drive was super-easy because she slept the entire time. This time was a little different, however. Lets just say before we left West Virginia, we bought a portable DVD player and a handful of DVDs for Aubrey Claire to watch!! Here are some highlights from our trip:

My favorite breakfast in the whole wide world is biscuits and gravy and no one does biscuits and gravy like my Poppy. Each time we are up there for a visit (and even when he and Meme come down to visit us) Poppy makes biscuits and gravy. Now that AC is eating big girl food, its only fitting that she had some biscuits and gravy!! She loved it!!!

Walking up and down Meme and Poppy's front steps was Aubrey Claire's favorite past time while we were there!

Saturday night, my Aunt Karen and Uncle Rocky had us over for family dinner. Aubrey Claire got to play with her cousin, Jackson. Aubrey Claire loved sitting in Jackson's lap while he read her a story!

This is a pic of me, AC, my cousin Angie, and her two boys. Our last night in West Virginia, Meme and Poppy prepared a big family dinner and every one came over to eat and visit!

Visits to West Virginia are never long enough, but its a good thing we came back when we did...it snowed less than a week later!

0 comments: