Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I have a ton of pics and events to post, but I'm going to start with Mother's Day. My first Mother's Day was AWESOME! We started the day by having Aubrey Claire dedicated at our church. It was such a sweet service and a somber reminder of what a huge responsibility being a parent truly is...God has entrusted us with a precious little girl...we are charged with the responsibility of raising her to know and love Jesus, to teach her right from wrong, to prepare her for the world in front of her...seriously, if you think about it too much, you can really get overwhelmed! That's why I'm so grateful to have a wonderful family, group of friends, and new church home - that way when Corey or I mess up (and I'm sure we will...in fact, we probably already have!!) there are Godly influences in Aubrey Claire's life to pick up the slack. After church, everyone came back to our house for a little cookout to celebrate the day. It was so nice to get everyone together to eat and just hang out for a while! Once lunch was over, we gave the grandmamas a little present from Aubrey Claire - we had gone to a local paint-your-own-pottery shop and made little plates with Aubrey Claire's footprints. They turned out so cute, we'll definitely do it again! Once all of our guests had gone home, Corey, Aubrey Claire, and I laid down and took a long nap. What a great way to spend my first Mother's Day!

2 comments:

The Harper Family said...

Love the plates!! Great pic with the grandmothers!

Laurie Jernigan said...

Glad your day was great! I know the Grandmas loved the plates!!