Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cotton Candy, Sweet as Gold, Lemme See That Tootsie Roll!

Last weekend we went to a Halloween costume party at Brett & Elizabeth's house. They fixed a big ole' pot of chili, lots of snacks, and homemade candy apples (which were FABULOUS!). The adults ate while the kids played games, colored Halloween worksheets and carved pumpkins. We thought this would be the perfect dry-run for Aubrey's Halloween costume. She really didn't like actually putting the costume on, but once she was in there she loved it! Aubrey was a little tootsie roll (how cute, huh??), Corey was a cowboy and I was a deer hunter. My costume wasn't all that original, but Corey had some camo pajama pants and a camo pullover. Since my "real" clothes don't quite fit yet, I threw on the camo and a bright orange hat. Corey's Halloween costume on the other hand was very authentic - complete with leather chaps and one of his cowboy hats. He looked very handsome, if I do say so myself! And in case you are wondering what Aubrey is looking at in this picture...its a ceiling fan! She's absolutely amazed by them! Forget all of those fancy-schmancy mobiles...a plain ole' ceiling fan will do just fine. Check back later for more pics from trick-or-treating on Halloween night!

1 comments:

The Harper Family said...

Cutest tootsie roll I've ever seen!!