Wednesday, November 19, 2008

West Virginia here she comes!

About a week and a half ago, my mom, my dad and I packed up Aubrey Claire and headed to West Virginia to visit our family. My grandparents made a trip to Alabama the weekend after Aubrey was born, but no one else in my extended family had met her yet. So before it got too terribly cold, I wanted to make the 8 hour trip up to West Virginia to see everyone. We left out on a Friday morning and to be honest, I was a bit nervous. Aubrey had just gotten her first round of vaccinations the day before and I wasn't sure how that would affect her. Turns out I didn't have anything to worry about! Aubrey slept the entire trip. In fact, she only woke up when we stopped to feed her. Once we arrived at my grandparents house, we spent the next two days going around town visiting friends and family. Saturday we went to have Aubrey's pictures made with her Meme and Poppy (her great-grandparents). She's normally all-smiles and full of personality, but for some reason she wasn't in the mood to smile. Oh, well! We got a couple of good ones!! Next, we went to the nursing home to see my great-aunt Ruby. Aubrey loved cuddling with Aunt Ruby and I loved getting some pictures of the two of them! After a quick nap, we went to Uncle Rocky and Aunt Karen's house for dinner. There we visited with Amy, Missy, Patrick, and Jackson.

Sunday we had an early Thanksgiving dinner with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins on my mom's side of the family. It was so nice to get everyone together!! Everyone was able to meet Aubrey and we were able to meet my cousin's new baby, Lucas, who is just two months older than Aubrey. After dinner, we snapped this precious picture of Meme and Poppy and their three great-grandchildren.

After a great time visiting with our family, it was time to pack up and head back to Alabama (and back to warmer weather!). Again, Aubrey slept the entire time except when it was time for her to eat. One of our two stops was at a Cracker Barrel - Aubrey had her mid-morning bottle and we ate a yummy breakfast. On our way out, I snapped this pic of Aubrey and her Nana and Pooba.

Aubrey is such a good traveler - we'll definitely be making a trip back to West Virginia in the early Spring!

1 comments:

Wyatt's Mommy said...

So, I am horrible at this blogger thing, that's why I leave it up to Grandma.... but do I see Pooba smilimg behind that mustache?
We need a play date soon, how does Saturday sound? Dan has to work till 12, I would love to get the couple together. Alexis