Friday, September 12, 2008

My BIRTH-day

Well...after 40 long weeks (actually 40 weeks and 4 days), Aubrey Claire Kennedy is finally here! I was admitted to the hospital on Sept 3rd for an induction. Then 24 hours later at 4:26pm on Sept 4th, Aubrey made her way into this world. After 10 hours of labor - don't worry, the drugs came early and I never progressed enough to push - my doctor opted for a C-section. She is absolutely perfect! Here is a pic of Corey and I meeting our daughter for the first time. (That's Corey behind the mask) We spent 4 nights in the hospital and we got to bring her home on MY birthday - what a present, huh? Since then, we've been adjusting to life at home. Aubrey is making this transition relatively easy on us. She's very even tempered - feed me, change me, love me, and put me to sleep! I know it won't always be that simple so I have to brag on her while I can... We've been taking pictures like crazy so I'll post more later. Right now its almost time for another feeding!

0 comments: